This report provides comprehensive national statistics on breast cancer in females, presenting the latest data and trends over time, including:
- number of breast cancers diagnosed each year (Chapter 2)
- number of people who die from breast cancer each year (Chapter 3)
- survival prospect for those diagnosed with breast cancer (Chapter 4)
- number of people alive who have been diagnosed with breast cancer (Chapter 5)
- total burden of disease due to breast cancer (Chapter 6)
- number of women who have had a mammogram through BreastScreen Australia (Chapter 7)
- number of hospitalisations for breast cancer each year (Chapter 8)
- extent of health care spending on breast cancer (Chapter 9).
Differences by remoteness area, socioeconomic status, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander status, country of birth and Further Info
international comparisons are also discussed.
Take me to the external Data Source